Scope of Work
The Organizational Development (OD) / Change Management is a new function established in Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) formerly managed by recruiting periodic consultants under the guidance of SG and Country Directors.
The external context has changed as well as SCA has a new 3-year strategic plan (2023-2025) with changes in working approaches and priorities. Over the past few years, SCA’s operations expanded considerably, and budget increased accordingly. This requires that the organisational processes and structures are investigated to align/respond to the changes in the external context as well as achieve the strategic plan’s objectives in an efficient and effective manner.
As a first step in establishing the function, a Change Management senior specialist will be recruited who will develop, support, coordinate and implement organizational development interventions in alignment with OD goal and objectives of strategic plan. S/he will play a leading role in ensuring that change interventions meet the organizational development objectives (outcomes) as stipulated in strategic plan by constantly supporting and overseeing on time and on budget implementation.
The Change Management senior specialist will work through many others in the organization to succeed. S/he is a member of extended Senior Management Team and reports to SG. For country specific organizational development projects, the SG may delegate the line management of the Change Management senior specialist to the country director of the concerned country office for the assigned task.
- Institutionalize the organizational development/change management function within SCA by developing mandate statements, roles/responsibilities.
- Identify OD/change management related capacity development needs. Prepare and train leadership and managers to build organizational agility and capability for continued change management.
- Oversee, coordinate and implement Organisational Development Process Framework 2023-2025 entailing organisation wide and thematic change interventions including but not limited to change management and structural adjustments, improved application of information technology, improved gender equality, diversity and non-discrimination.
- Act as a coach for senior leaders and managers in helping them implement change interventions/ initiatives.
- Ensure organisational development is constantly integrated in SCA planning (annual work plans, donor applications, strategic plan), implementation and follow up.
- Give the SG and CDs regular updates of development of various aspects of the organizational efficiency and effectiveness through appropriate standard reviews and implementation of change interventions and lessons learned documented and translated into improved procedures, plans and strategic undertakings.
- Perform other tasks within the field of competency as assigned by the SG.
Values, Accountability, and Integrity
- Take responsibility for own work and honestly seek to achieve organisational and personal objectives.
- Contributes actively to the successful development and good reputation of SCA
Ambitious and Creative
- Commitment to growth and making difference in the lives of other through innovative ways
- Build and maintain effective relationships with team, colleagues; be approachable, diplomatic, and supportive with developed listening skills.
- Master’s degree in management, organizational development/change management or human resources management.
- 5 years professional experience as OD/change manager or consultant in large organisations.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in international environments (non-profits/ businesses).
- Fluency in English.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to basic living conditions.
- Experience from work in conflict/post conflict environment.
- Familiarity with Pashto and/or Dari and Swedish.
- Familiarity of working with member-based organizations.
- Participated in HEAT-training or other security courses.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective facilitation and influencing skills.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Good listening and interaction skills.
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Able to cope with pressure.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Team player and able to collaborate with others.
- Contract period: 2 years with an initial 6-month probationary period
- Conditions: Non- family posting. SCA offers a competitive salary, free housing, insurances and other benefits.
- Duties to begin: January 2023
- Last date for application: 11 October 2022
- Apply from Change Management Senior Specialist | Svenska Afghanistankommittén (workbuster.com)
- Download a 1-page letter explaining why you are interested in and suited for this position and your CV (no more than 2 pages) in English.